APPLICANTS WITH INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATES
- First, please check if you fulfil the admission criteria: Bachelors’, Masters’.
Then, for internal verification purposes, please upload all application documents in time. You can find the deadlines at Dates and Deadlines.
- For applicants with certificates from third countries (i.e. all countries except the member states of the EEA/EU and Switzerland) who do not have a valid residence permit in Austria, an early end of the application deadline by 31 March 2023 applies.This way, you have the time you might need for applying for a residence permit and/or visa or for obtaining any outstanding documents and legalisations.
- You can find a detailed list of the required application documents at Application Documents. While verifying equivalence with Austrian certificates, we may need to request further documents from you.
Only when you have submitted all application documents and when internal verification has been completed can you be admitted to the application process, which consists of a written and oral part.
Since there are usually more applicants than study places available, please remember that admitting you to the application process does not mean that we can automatically offer you a study place.
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATES AND DIPLOMAS
Applicants with international school-leaving certificates and diplomas are required to submit an officially legalised and translated copy in German or English of all certificates.
- the provisions valid in the issuing country of your certificates regarding legalisation and translation of foreign documents in the higher education system. If the certificate language is not German or English, an officially registered, sworn translator must translate the certificates and added authentication notes. In few cases, we might have to ask you to send the original copies of the certified translations and documents confirmed by Austrian representative authorities to CAMPUS 02 via post (e.g. via registered mail, diplomatic mail, courier service, etc.);
- that, in addition to submitting a transcript from the last year/semester, international applicants who apply before their relevant final exam has taken place must submit a confirmation given by the school/institution of the exact name of the qualification to be awarded and of the expected final exam date; and
- that only when your application documents are complete and have been submitted in time, i.e. before the application deadline expires, will we be able to verify if you have fulfilled the admission criteria and if your certificates are equivalent to Austrian certificates. In few cases, verification might take up to a few weeks’ time.
German as the language of instruction and communication
In the Bachelor Degree Programme in Smart Automation, the language of instruction is English. In all other degree programmes, excluding a few lectures, the language of instruction is German.
With the exception of the Bachelor Degree Programme in Smart Automation, the application process is also generally conducted in German. We therefore request evience of German language skills of at least level B2 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) for all degree programmes.
Please note that the general language of communication at CAMPUS 02 is also German.
Tuition Fees & Contributions
Third-country nationals who do not fall into § 1 of the Regulation on Eligible Groups of Persons (a translation is provided here) and apply for a resident permit “student” are required to pay tuition fees of 4,500 or 5,000 euros per semester plus the mandatory contribution to the Austrian National Union of Students. Except for the English Bachelor Degree Programme in Smart Automation, which amounts to € 363.36 per semester plus the mandatory contribution to the Austrian National Union of Students. Find more detailed information at Tuition Fees.
Entry and residence in Austria
Find more details on the website of the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (Österreichischer Austauschdienst, OeAD).
We recommend that applicants from third countries start applying for visas and/or residence permits in good time.