Information for new students
We are delighted that you have decided to study at CAMPUS 02. We congratulate you on successfully completing the admission procedure and welcome you! For your information, we have compiled the most important information for new students.
Information on the COVID-19 procedures for the academic year 2021
After almost 18 months in which most of the teaching took place “virtually” and our team was able to acquire many new skills and creative ideas in this setting, we are planning to return to a student life that is once again increasingly characterised by personal encounters and dialogue between lecturers and students as important elements of academic success.
For you this means that you will have the opportunity to familiarise with our campus premises and its infrastructure together with your class. You will be able to use all service facilities, such as the library, learning spaces, the lecture halls or the cafeteria without any restrictions.
In order to offer a safe environment to everyone, from today’s perspective it will be necessary to implement the 3g rule (geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested or recovered) at CAMPUS 02, as you have already practiced for social life activities during the last couple of weeks. This means that staff, lecturers and students will be either vaccinated, tested or recovered, when they arrive at our premises in order to keep the epidemiological risk low.
We have introduced a mandatory proof of compliance with these rules as part of our internal house rules and ask you to adhere to it when visiting Campus 02. As there are classes with compulsory attendance, you must be aware that without proof of the 3g rule (geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested or recovered), participation is not possible.
Setting up an C02online account
Are you studying at CAMPUS 02 in the academic year 2021/22? Then you will receive a PIN code during enrollment or by mail, which you must redeem once in C02online.
- To redeem your PIN code for C02online, open the web address https://online.campus02.at and click on “Students”.
- Enter your PIN code, matriculation number and date of birth and click on “Save”
- Select a password according to the given criteria. Remember your user name and password, you can only access all FH CAMPUS 02 IT services with these! Click on “Save”.
- Your user account has been created. Click on “Next”
- You can now enter C02online with your user name and password!
You will then have access to C02online. Currently, only a few applications are available; however, during the summer, gradually all required applications will be activated for you.
Well organised is half the study! Studo combines your complete study in one app. Thanks to the calendar, timetable, emails, chat and more, you are always informed about everything you need for your study.
Here is an overview of the features of the Studo app:
📰 Newsfeed: In the newsfeed you will find information from CAMPUS 02, your student representatives as well as exciting news about your everyday life as a student.
📧 Mail: With the mail client, you can read, write and send CAMPUS e-mails directly in the app. We also notify you about important emails with push notifications.
🎓 Course overview: In the category courses you will find all classes grouped by semester. There is also a menu with details and dates for each course.
📅 Calendar: In the calendar you can see all your courses and exams for which you are registered. The calendar is automatically filled – so you’ll never miss an appointment again!
💬 Chat: Chat with your fellow students about the city, CAMPUS 02, your study programme and individual classes!
The Studo app also has a wiki for your courses, a grade overview, canteen plans as well as important links to your CAMPUS 02 services.
In cooperation with your Austrian National Union of Student representatives, CAMPUS 02 provides you with the Studo PRO version free of charge!
Digital Student ID
Brand new and unique in Austria, the Studo App also provides you with a digital student ID! Via the Studo app you always carry your digital student ID along with you and you can use it to identify yourself at CAMPUS 02, but also to ask for student discounts or benefits.
We recommend that you consider the following minimum technical requirements for your notebook when studying at CAMPUS 02:
- at least Intel Core i3 (from 11th generation) or Intel Core i5 (from 8th generation)
- at least 8 GB main memory (RAM)
- at least 128 GB solid-state disk (SSD)
- at least 13.3 inch display with Full-HD resolution (1,920 x 1,080)
- integrated wireless network card (WLAN)
- integrated camera
- integrated loudspeakers
- integrated microphone
- external video output (e.g. Mini-DisplayPort, DisplayPort or HDMI)
- USB ports
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
As a personal mobile or stationary internet connection, outside the premises of CAMPUS 02, we recommend at least 20 MBit/s download and 5 MBit/s upload speed.
Furthermore, you should consider the following minimum requirements for your personal smartphone/tablet:
- at least Android 9 or iOS 14 operating system
- access to Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore
- integrated wireless network module (WLAN)
- integrated camera
For students of the Degree Programmes in Automation Technology other minimum requirements apply:
- at least Intel Core i5 (Quad-Core with min. 3.3 GHz)
- at least 16 GB main memory (RAM)
- at least 256 GB solid-state disk (SSD)
- at least 15-inch display with Full-HD resolution (1,920 x 1,080)
- NVIDIA Quadro or AMD Radeon Pro graphics card
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system with 64-bit
These technical prerequisites are necessary for the smooth operation of the following software products during the course of study:
- SolidWorks EDU
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate
- Various development environments (including Android Studio, Arduino, Python)