Research & Development
For the Degree Programmes in Marketing & Sales, applied research & development means finding scientifically validated results, answers and approaches to questions of economic interest and, thus, making a customer- and market-side contribution to value enhancement, innovation and sustainable development of companies. Our research activities focus on two main research areas, in which questions of scientific and economic relevance are discussed in theory and practice.
- Digital Platform Management
- Family businesses (FU) under digital transformation
Think Tank: Digital Economy
Within the think tank, our think tank team develops ideas, concepts how changes in the digital economy can be used and new approaches can be implemented. The main focus is on three perspectives:
- Branding & Strategic Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Strategic Management
Collaboration as an opportunity
Use our strengths in science and practice for your success in the Digital Economy!
Our team consists of experts with many years of practical and research experience. Together with you we develop innovative, sustainable solutions to your questions in the digital economy. Learn more on our website “Denkfabrik Digital Economym” (German).
Family Business (FB) under digital transformation
In addition to researching the special features and challenges of family businesses (FB), this R&D focus is primarily concerned with the topics of digitalisation and digital transformation, sustainability (economic, social and ecological), successful succession, resilience, regionality/internationality, innovative strength, effectiveness and efficiency.
In Austria, about 54 % of all companies are family businesses employing more than 1.7 million people. In Styria alone, approximately 21,400 family-owned businesses with 216,000 employees generate 26.8 billion Euros. Around 20 % of family firms worldwide are in the hands of 2nd generation ownership, 12 % in 3rd and 8 % even in 4th or higher.
Covid-19, digitalisation and global networking have made the strengths and weaknesses of family businesses (FUs) visible. Numerous FBs were or are suddenly faced with challenges that require them to rethink and adapt their behavioural patterns. Some have succeeded in taking advantage of the challenge by changing direction. Others are stuck in the change process and are still looking for orientation and certainty. But for all Styrian FBs, it is worthwhile right now to adapt to the changing framework conditions and to initiate transformation.
- But what might such a change look like?
- What would it mean for the individual FBs?
- How do these integrate digitalisation into their FB?
- Which dimensions within the companies are primarily affected and required in such a process?
- Which business model suits this type of company?
- How can FBs perform in an increasingly digitalised business world?
- Are the customers already leading the way or do the FBs have to lead their customers accordingly?
Together with entrepreneurial families, we develop answers to these questions and provide scientific guidance. In a half-day workshop, researchers from CAMPUS 02 accompany Styrian family businesses on their way to digital transformation.
Universities & higher education institutions:
- DHBW – Dualen Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Mannheim
- FH Kärnten
- Kompetenzzentrum Frau und Auto
- INALDE – Universidad de la Sabana
- IPAM Marketing School
- ISCEM (Instituto Superior de Comunicação Empresarial)
- SRH Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Medien Calw
- WIFU – Wittener Institut für Familienunternehmen
- WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
Institutions and organisations:
- AccuPower GmbH
- Amt der Steiermärkischen Landesregierung, Abteilung 16
- BANK BURGENLAND
- BANKHAUS SPÄNGLER
- Capital Bank – GRAWE Gruppe AG
- CD Invest Consult GmbH
- Deloitte Wirtschaftsprüfung
- FBN Österreich – The Family Business Network
- FMMI – Fachverband der Maschinen-, Metallwaren- und Gießereiindustrie
- gruenderland st
- Holzcluster Steiermark
- IV – INDUSTRIELLEN VEREINIGUNG
- Julius Raab Stiftung
- KPMG Austria GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungs- und Steuerberatungsgesellschaft
- MAGNA STEYR FAHRZEUGTENIK AG & Co KG
- ÖGV – Österreichische Gewerbeverein
- Raiffeisen Landesbank
- Sattler AG
- Styria Media Group
- WKO Steiermark
- Young Science – Zentrum für die Zusammenarbeit von Wissenschaft und Schule