for part-time lecturers
Protecting your data is of utmost importance to us. Our privacy statements for different groups of data subjects offer a brief overview of the personal data we collect and what it is used for.
We, CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences (abbr. CAMPUS 02), Körblergasse 126, 8010 Graz, Austria, process the following data categories by automated means during your employment at our university of applied sciences, for the purpose of concluding and fulfilling your teaching contract, and in accordance with legal or contractual obligations:
- Master data (e.g. gender, name, title, date of birth);
- address data;
- contact details;
- main occupation including social security certificate;
- data regarding education and training; and
- contract and bank details.
In addition, we might process the following data categories:
- Information provided by you during your application
- Data generated as part of course unit organisation and student evaluation
e.g. invoicing data, staff data according to the FH-BIS Regulation*, course unit data, evaluation results
- Data generated during the University of Applied Sciences Board elections
e.g. from the electoral roll and proposals for appointments, election results
- Data generated while using different IT services
e.g. user master data, printer data, log files
- Data generated when using the locking system in the Rosenhof building
e.g. name, company affiliation, opening authorisations, recording of opening and locking behaviour
We process and transfer this data to enable smooth running of our degree programmes, to settle invoices, to ensure access control to protect the property of CAMPUS 02, to fulfil our obligations regarding record-keeping, information provisioning, reporting and notification, and to carry out quality management tasks. A proportion of your data is also processed for IT system administration and security. This also includes data generated during the creation and archiving of texts and correspondence.
These procedures are the prerequisite for managing your teaching contract correctly and for fulfilling our legal and contractual obligations and occur on basis of legitimate interest of CAMPUS 02. If we cannot process your data, employment at CAMPUS 02 is unfortunately not possible.
In order to ensure up-to-date and functioning teaching activities, online courses and online examinations are offered via Microsoft “Teams”. CAMPUS 02 has the contractual obligation to ensure a proper running of the degree programmes as well as a duty to mitigation. With this offer CAMPUS 02 fulfils these obligations, as possible delays in study duration due to the corona pandemic can be counteracted.
With your voluntary consent, we will show your photo and CAMPUS 02 e-mail address on our website according to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. a of the GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
* Regulation governing the provision of information on UAS degree programmes (Verordnung zur Fachhochschul-Bereitstellung von Informationen über den Studienbetrieb)
Upon expiry of your teaching contract, your personal data will be deleted step-by-step according to the valid legal retention obligations.
All data required to prove that a student has graduated (e.g. course unit data) is stored for 80 years, starting from the end of the academic year in which the study contract of the student expires, in accordance with Art. 13 para. 8 of the University of Applied Sciences Studies Act (Fachhochschul-Studiengesetz, FHStG).
The data processed in the course of the student evaluation are stored for 7 years in accordance with the certification period of the QM system pursuant to § 22 (4) of the Higher Education Quality Assurance Act (HS-QSG).
All data (log files) collected in connection with the locking system are stored for a period of one month. After this period they will be irrevocably deleted.
All other data that has been processed is usually deleted after 10 years.
The retention period may be extended in all cases where judicial or administrative proceedings are pending in which CAMPUS 02 has party status and in which this data is at issue.
It is possible to request that data be anonymised instead of deleted. In this case, any references to persons will be irreversibly removed. Consequently, erasure obligations arising from data protection laws will no longer apply.
Your personal data is treated as confidential and is generally processed only by CAMPUS 02 staff members internally.
However, data processors who have been commissioned by us can also process data for the purposes mentioned if they can ensure adequate data security. For example, in cases where support is required, external IT service providers can see and process the above-mentioned data categories.
The data relevant to each particular case is also transferred to the following recipients in accordance with the laws and regulations and contractual agreements:
- Tax consultants (payroll accounting)
- Auditors and tax advisors involved in preparing annual financial statements
- Social insurance providers, local tax office, corporate provision fund
- Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria)
- Austrian Public Employment Service (Arbeitsmarktservice, AMS)
- Municipal authorities/district administration authorities
- Statistics Austria (Bundestanstalt für Statistik Austria)
- Austrian Court of Audit (Rechnungshof)
- Legal representatives, courts
- Creditors of a part-time lecturer or their legal representatives (regarding seizures, pledges, assignments of claims)
- Banks responsible for disbursements to part-time lecturers or third parties
- Insurance companies during insurance activities
- Vocational education institutions
In addition, due to legal and contractual provisions, some relevant data of part-time lecturers is transferred to:
- the Electoral Commission for the University of Applied Sciences Board elections;
- the University of Applied Sciences Board while carrying out tasks according to the FHStG; and
- the academic year representatives participating in evaluation feedback meetings.
We use Microsoft Office 365 as the cloud service for our e-mail correspondence as well as for the provision of on-line classes and online examinations. Hosting is mainly provided within the European Union in accordance with European data protection laws. Some services and technical support can also be provided from outside of the EU. A decision known as the Adequacy Decision, made by the European Commission, permits data transfers to the US (EU-US Privacy Shield). Based on this decision, some profile data (names, password, PUID number) is also saved in the US.
Apart from the data recipients mentioned, CAMPUS 02 does generally not disclose information to third parties. Third parties are asked to directly contact the part-time lecturer.
You can withdraw your consent regarding our using your photo and CAMPUS 02 e-mail address on our website at any time by sending an e-mail to the Degree Programmes you are working for. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that we will update this privacy statement from time to time (e.g. due to law amendments, usage of new technology, new study opportunities). We recommend that you regularly check it for updates.
In general, you have right of access, the right to rectification, to erasure, to restrict, to data portability, to withdraw and to object.
Please contact us – we will be happy to help.
If you believe that processing your data violates data protection laws or that your data protection rights have been infringed in some other way, you can also file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, the competent supervisory authority is the Austrian Data Protection Authority in Barichgasse 40-42, 1030 Vienna, telephone no.: +43 1 52 152-0, e-mail: email@example.com.