for CAMPUS 02 staff
Protecting your data is of utmost importance to us. Our privacy statements for different groups of data subjects offer a brief overview of the personal data we collect and what it is used for.
We, CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences (abbr. CAMPUS 02), Körblergasse 126, 8010 Graz, Austria, process the following data categories by automated means predominantly during your employment at our university of applied sciences, to fulfil your contract of employment and due to legal or other contractual obligations:
- Master data (employee number, gender, first name, surname, birth name, title, date of birth, social security number, citizenship, photo, payroll accounting registration form, CV, place of birth, marital status)
- Address details
- Contact details
- Bank details
- Contract details (e.g. organisational unit, registration/deregistration data, type of employment, role title, basic salary, teaching hours etc.)
- Education and vocational training history
In addition, we process the following data categories:
- Data provided by you during your application and during conclusion of the contract of employment e.g. CV, certificates, residence registration (Meldezettel) etc.
- Data accumulated during your employment e.g. salary data, employee attendance, sick leaves, other periods of leave, time-off for care responsibilities etc.
- Data generated during your using different IT services e.g. user master data, printer data, log files etc.
- Data generated during course unit organisation, student evaluation and your research activities e.g. employee data according to the FH-BIS Regulation*, course unit data, evaluation results etc.
- Data that may be generated during University of Applied Sciences Board elections e.g. from the electoral roll and proposals for appointments, election results etc.
*Regulation governing the provision of information on UAS degree programmes (Verordnung zur Fachhochschul-Bereitstellung von Informationen über den Studienbetrieb)
We process and transfer this data for payroll accounting purposes, HR planning, quality management, to fulfil our obligations regarding record-keeping, information provisioning, reporting and notification and to enable smooth running of business as far as this is in either case required by law, the regulations or employment-related contractual obligations. A proportion of your data is also processed for IT system administration and security. This also includes data generated during the creation and archiving of texts and correspondence.
These procedures are the prerequisite for managing your employment contract correctly and for fulfilling our legal and contractual obligations. If we are not allowed to process your data, employment at CAMPUS 02 is unfortunately not possible.
The prerequisites for using social benefits (e.g. parking ticket) or education and training services or other services (e.g. didactics in higher education, workplace health promotion (WHP)) are the data that you provide us with on a voluntary basis when applying for these benefits and services and our processing of this data.
Due to our legitimate interests to ensure smooth running and efficiency of business, your photo and employment-related contact details are made publicly available for colleagues on the intranet and for those interested, students, project partners etc. on our website.
If you would like to exercise certain rights, you can inform us of your religious affiliation on a voluntary basis. We will only process this information based on your consent. If you would like to make your contributions to the trade union via CAMPUS 02, you can also inform us of your trade union affiliation on a voluntary basis. Again, we will only process this information based on your consent.
The consents given according to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. a of the GDPR can be withdrawn individually at any time. By withdrawing your consent, we will no longer process your data from the point we receive your consent for the purposes stated above and you will hence no longer be entitled to certain rights, benefits and so on.
Upon expiry of your employment contract, your personal data will be deleted step-by-step according to the valid legal retention obligations.
According to Art. 13 para. 8 of the University of Applied Sciences Studies Act (Fachhochschul-Studiengesetz, FHStG), all data required to prove that a student has graduated (e.g. course unit data) is stored for 80 years, starting from the end of the academic year in which the study contract of the student expires.
The data required to issue an employment reference (e.g. employment period, role etc.) are saved for 30 years according to 1478 of the Austrian Civil Code (Allgemein Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, ABGB). Once the retention period has expired, the data will be deleted.
All other data that we processed is usually deleted after 10 years.
The retention period may be extended in all cases where judicial or administrative proceedings are pending in which CAMPUS 02 has party status and in which this data is at issue.
It is possible to request that data be anonymised instead of deleted. In this case, any references to persons will be irreversibly removed. Consequently, erasure obligations arising from data protection laws will no longer apply.
Your personal data is treated as confidential and is generally processed only by CAMPUS 02 staff members internally to fulfil their functional obligations.
However, data processors who have been commissioned by us can also process data for the purposes mentioned if they can ensure adequate data security. For example, in cases where support is required, external IT service providers can see and process the above-mentioned data categories.
The data relevant to each particular case is also transferred to the following recipients in accordance with the laws and regulations and contractual agreements:
- Tax consultants (payroll accounting)
- Auditors and tax advisors involved in preparing annual financial statements
- Social insurance providers, local tax office, corporate provision fund
- Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria)
- Workplace representative bodies (e.g. works council) and the electoral board for works council elections
- Legal representative bodies (e.g. Austrian Federal Chamber of Labour, Arbeiterkammer)
- Occupational health professionals, safety experts, occupational psychologists
- Labour Inspectorate
- Austrian Public Employment Service (Arbeitsmarktservice, AMS)
- Ministry of Social and Disability Affairs (Bundesamt für Soziales und Behindertenwesen)
- Municipal authorities/district administration authorities in matters involving the administrative police (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act, ArbeitnehmerInnenschutzgesetz)
- Statistics Austria (Bundestanstalt für Statistik Austria)
- Austrian Court of Audit (Rechnungshof)
- Legal representatives, courts
- Creditors of an employee or their legal representatives (regarding seizures, pledges, assignments of claims)
- Banks responsible for disbursements to employees or third parties
- Affiliated trade union based on the data subject’s consent
- Suppliers, clients and interested persons
- Vocational education institutions
- Staff of the company’s canteen
- Rental car providers
- Park Service of the Styrian Economic Chamber or Holding Graz
In addition, due to legal and contractual provisions, individual relevant data of lecturers and researchers is transferred to:
- the Electoral Commission for the University of Applied Sciences Board elections;
- the University of Applied Sciences Board while carrying out tasks according to the FHStG;
- academic year representatives according to the Regulation for the Involvement of Students at CAMPUS 02; and
- funding bodies and their agents that fund projects financed by third parties.
We use Microsoft Office 365 as the cloud service for our e-mail correspondence. Hosting is mainly provided within the European Union in accordance with European data protection laws. Some services and technical support can also be provided from outside of the EU. A decision known as the Adequacy Decision, made by the European Commission, permits data transfers to the US (EU-US Privacy Shield). Based on this decision, some profile data (names, password, PUID number) is also saved in the US.
Apart from the data recipients mentioned, CAMPUS 02 does generally not disclose information to third parties. Third parties are asked to contact you directly.
Please note that we will update this privacy statement from time to time (e.g. due to law amendments, usage of new technology, new study opportunities). We recommend that you regularly check it for updates.
In general, you have right of access, the right to rectification, to erasure, to restrict, to data portability, to withdraw and to object.
You can withdraw your consent regarding the processing of information on your religious or trade union affiliation at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Do you have any more questions regarding data protection?
If you do, please contact us — we will be happy to help.
If you believe that processing your data violates data protection laws or that your data protection rights have been infringed in some other way, you can also file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, the competent supervisory authority is the Austrian Data Protection Authority in Barichgasse 40-42, 1030 Vienna, telephone no.: +43 1 52 152-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.