for CAMPUS 02 staff
Protecting your data is of utmost importance to us. Our privacy statements for different groups of data subjects offer a brief overview of the personal data we collect and what it is used for.
We, CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Sciences (abbr. CAMPUS 02), Körblergasse 126, 8010 Graz, Austria, process the following data categories by automated means predominantly during your employment at our university of applied sciences, to fulfil your contract of employment and due to legal or other contractual obligations:
- Master data (employee number, gender, first name, surname, birth name, title, date of birth, social security number, citizenship, photo, payroll accounting registration form, CV, place of birth, marital status)
- Address details
- Contact details
- Bank details
- Contract details (e.g. organisational unit, registration/deregistration data, type of employment, role title, basic salary, teaching hours etc.)
- Education and vocational training history
In addition, we process the following data categories:
- Data provided by you during your application and during conclusion of the contract of employment
e.g. CV, certificates, residence registration (Meldezettel) etc.
- Data accumulated during your employment
e.g. salary data, employee attendance, sick leaves, other periods of leave, time-off for care responsibilities etc.
- Data generated during your using different IT services
e.g. user master data, printer data, log files etc.
- Data generated during course unit organisation, student evaluation and your research activities
e.g. employee data according to the FH-BIS Regulation*, course unit data, evaluation results etc.
- Data that may be generated during University of Applied Sciences Board elections
e.g. from the electoral roll and proposals for appointments, election results etc.
- Data generated when using the locking system in the Rosenhof building
e.g. name, company affiliation, opening authorisations, recording of opening and locking behaviour
- Data collected in the course of the appraisal interview (documented and kept exclusively by specific supervisors)
eg. annual review, achievement of agreed goals, assessment of core competences, further training and promotion measures, overall assessment, goals for the coming year, further professional development, employee feedback, …
- Data processed in the course of the time recording appin particular first name, last name, start times of the student time recording (as proof of the completion of teaching obligations), log data, e-mail address, course dates
*Regulation governing the provision of information on UAS degree programmes (Verordnung zur Fachhochschul-Bereitstellung von Informationen über den Studienbetrieb)
We process and transfer this data for payroll accounting purposes, HR planning, access control as well as to fulfil our obligations regarding record-keeping, information provisioning, reporting and notification, quality management purposes, and to enable smooth running of business as far as this is in either case required by law, the regulations or employment-related contractual obligations. A proportion of your data is also processed for IT system administration and security and for the protection of property. This also includes data generated during the creation and archiving of texts and correspondence.
These procedures are the prerequisite for managing your employment contract correctly and for fulfilling our legal and contractual obligations or are carried out in the legitimate interest of CAMPUS 02. If we are not allowed to process your data, employment at CAMPUS 02 is unfortunately not possible.
The prerequisites for using social benefits (e.g. parking ticket) or education and training services or other services (e.g. didactics in higher education, workplace health promotion (WHP)) are the data that you provide us with on a voluntary basis when applying for these benefits and services and our processing of this data.
Due to our legitimate interests to ensure smooth running and efficiency of business, your photo and employment-related contact details are made publicly available for colleagues on the intranet and for those interested, students, project partners etc. on our website.
In order to ensure up-to-date and functioning teaching activities, online courses and online examinations are offered via Microsoft “Teams”. CAMPUS 02 has the contractual obligation to ensure a proper running of the degree programmes as well as a duty to mitigation. With this offer CAMPUS 02 fulfils these obligations, as possible delays in the study duration due to the corona pandemic can be counteracted.
If you would like to make your contributions to the trade union via CAMPUS 02, you can also inform us of your trade union affiliation on a voluntary basis. Again, we will only process this information based on your consent.
The consents given according to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. a of the GDPR can be withdrawn individually at any time. By withdrawing your consent, we will no longer process your data from the point we receive your consent for the purposes stated above and you will hence no longer be entitled to certain rights, benefits and so on.
Upon expiry of your employment contract, your personal data will be deleted step-by-step according to the valid legal retention obligations.
According to Art. 13 para. 8 of the University of Applied Sciences Studies Act (Fachhochschulgesetz, FHG), all data required to prove that a student has graduated (e.g. course unit data) is stored for 80 years, starting from the end of the academic year in which the study contract of the student expires.
The data required to issue an employment reference (e.g. employment period, role etc.) are saved for 30 years according to 1478 of the Austrian Civil Code (Allgemein Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, ABGB). Once the retention period has expired, the data will be deleted.
The data processed in the course of the student evaluation will be stored for 7 years in accordance with the certification period of the QM system pursuant to § 22 (4) of the Higher Education Quality Assurance Act (HS-QSG). Once the retention period has expired, the data will be deleted.
The data collected in the course of the appraisal interview will be deleted when the employee leaves the company. Irrespective of the end of the employment relationship, employee interview forms older than 5 years are deleted.
The data processed within the framework of the time recording app will be deleted at the end of the following semester.
All data (log files) collected in connection with the locking system are stored for a period of one month. After this period they will be irrevocably deleted.
All other data that we processed is usually deleted after 10 years.
The retention period may be extended in all cases where judicial or administrative proceedings are pending in which CAMPUS 02 has party status and in which this data is at issue.
It is possible to request that data be anonymised instead of deleted. In this case, any references to persons will be irreversibly removed. Consequently, erasure obligations arising from data protection laws will no longer apply.
Your personal data is treated as confidential and is generally processed only by CAMPUS 02 staff members internally to fulfil their functional obligations.
However, data processors who have been commissioned by us can also process data for the purposes mentioned if they can ensure adequate data security. For example, in cases where support is required, external IT service providers can see and process the above-mentioned data categories.
The data relevant to each particular case is also transferred to the following recipients in accordance with the laws and regulations and contractual agreements:
- Tax consultants (payroll accounting)
- Auditors and tax advisors involved in preparing annual financial statements
- Social insurance providers, local tax office, corporate provision fund
- Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria)
- Workplace representative bodies (e.g. works council) and the electoral board for works council elections
- Legal representative bodies (e.g. Austrian Federal Chamber of Labour, Arbeiterkammer)
- Occupational health professionals, safety experts, occupational psychologists
- Labour Inspectorate
- Austrian Public Employment Service (Arbeitsmarktservice, AMS)
- Ministry of Social and Disability Affairs (Bundesamt für Soziales und Behindertenwesen)
- Municipal authorities/district administration authorities in matters involving the administrative police (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act, ArbeitnehmerInnenschutzgesetz)
- Statistics Austria (Bundestanstalt für Statistik Austria)
- Austrian Court of Audit (Rechnungshof)
- Legal representatives, courts
- Creditors of an employee or their legal representatives (regarding seizures, pledges, assignments of claims)
- Banks responsible for disbursements to employees or third parties
- Affiliated trade union based on the data subject’s consent
- Suppliers, clients and interested persons
- Vocational education institutions
- Staff of the company’s canteen
- Rental car providers
- Park Service of the Styrian Economic Chamber or Holding Graz
In addition, due to legal and contractual provisions, individual relevant data of lecturers and researchers is transferred to:
- the Electoral Commission for the University of Applied Sciences Board elections;
- the University of Applied Sciences Board while carrying out tasks according to the FHG;
- academic year representatives according to the Regulation for the Involvement of Students at CAMPUS 02; and
- funding bodies and their agents that fund projects financed by third parties.
We use Microsoft Office 365 as the cloud service for our e-mail correspondence as well as for the provision of on-line classes and online examinations. Hosting is mainly provided within the European Union in accordance with European data protection laws. Some services and technical support can also be provided from outside of the EU. A decision known as the Adequacy Decision, made by the European Commission, permits data transfers to the US (EU-US Privacy Shield). Based on this decision, some profile data (names, password, PUID number) is also saved in the US.
In fulfilment of the employment contract (Art. 6 Para. 1 letter b GDPR), CAMPUS 02 will provide you with software tools so that you can carry out your tasks and duties. For example, the cloud service “Unipark” provided by the company Questback is made available for conducting online surveys. Data is therefore transferred to Questback for the purpose of conducting the survey. Further information on data processing can be found in Questback’s data protection information (https://www.questback.com/data-privacy/).
Apart from the data recipients mentioned, CAMPUS 02 does generally not disclose information to third parties. Third parties are asked to contact you directly.
You can withdraw your consent regarding the processing of information on your trade union affiliation at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that we will update this privacy statement from time to time (e.g. due to law amendments, usage of new technology, new study opportunities). We recommend that you regularly check it for updates.
In general, you have right of access, the right to rectification, to erasure, to restrict, to data portability, to withdraw and to object.
Please contact us – we will be happy to help.
If you believe that processing your data violates data protection laws or that your data protection rights have been infringed in some other way, you can also file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, the competent supervisory authority is the Austrian Data Protection Authority in Barichgasse 40-42, 1030 Vienna, telephone no.: +43 1 52 152-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.