Borrowing Books and Resources
Prior to being able to borrow items from the library, new users are required to complete a master information sheet and to return it to the library. Kindly note that it can take up to one working day to activate a user account.
The library’s holdings available for loan include books and AV media such as CD-ROMs and DVDs. The library’s loan stock is openly accessible and arranged by subject. In addition, there are degree programme collections (working copy) available on request only.
Borrowing is free of charge.
Reminder fees are incurred if the loan period is exceeded.
The following information does not apply for electronic resources.
User groups, duration of borrowing period and number of media allowed to be borrowed:
|Full-time lecturers||56 days||30 items|
|Graduates, part-time lecturers, staff members||28 days||15 items|
|Students||14 days||10 items|
|Graduates; Students and lecturers from cooperation partners||14 days||3 items|
|Other||Borrowing not permitted||Borrowing not permitted|
Look in our library catalogue for the particular item, get it from the shelf and bring it to the circulation desk. You may now borrow it under the conditions listed above or you can make single copies.
At the end of the loan period borrowed items must be returned to the library’s circulation desk without a reminder. Items can be placed in the book return box outside our opening times
- You have searched in our library catalogue for a particular item and discovered from the date in the “on loan until” column that it is already on loan.
- Please click on “sign in to reserve” and fill in the fields as appropriate. Please subsequently confirm “reserve” twice.
- As soon as the item has been returned, you will be notified by email.
- Please go to the “sign in” menu in our library catalogue and enter the required data in the input fields.
- “My account” shows your current loans, reservations, contact data, etc.
- Under “loans” you will see the items you have currently borrowed with the due dates for return. You can now either renew selected items or extend the loan period for all your current loans. The old loan period will be cancelled and a new return date issued.
- Please check the confirmation (status) after your renewal request!
- In case of an incorrect displaying reload the page or try it again with a different browser
- The item has been requested by somebody else. Please return the item by the due date. Unfortunately it is not possible to renew the loan in this case.
- You have already renewed the item 3 times and the extension limit has been reached.